I Got Off the Couch Today and Made Money

Mr. Potato HeadConstruction's a tight business these days. Someone tried to tell me the economy is going down the pits. So what? You think my bills care about that? Hell no.

So here I am, a man with bills to pay. I do whatever. Since I never know day to day if I am working, I need to get money any way I can. Today, I hauled garbage. Yeah, it was a shitty job and only paid $20 an hour, but hell, I worked five hours for $100 instead of sitting on my ass bitching about I was sitting on my ass.

It's the first time either. This year alone, I have worked, I dunno, 50 of these days. That's $5,000, minus taxes. Probably more because I usually work a full day. Not always garbage. Loading trucks.

I have even spotted a few security guard jobs. Now there is easy work. I just sit there all night looking pretty. If something happens, and nothing ever did, all I do is call 9-11. I'm not a cop, and just because I can handle myself if someone throws a punch, I am not a dumb ass.

Anyway, That's a hell of a lot of money I would not have made if I say on the coach.

I'm no potato head.

Why I am writing this? I got a friend here who bitches about how hard his life is, but right now, you know what Mike is doing? Besides wanking (you don't want me to go on about how much he squeals he no woman and hasn't the balls to ask any of them out), he is reading all day on the internet. Hell nothing wrong with the damn internet. I even have a Facebook account. He could be learning something useful or looking for a damn job online. I found my job there.

It gets old. I'm tired of whiners wanking away their life. It is their life, but I sure as hell won't be that guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt