I'm Not as Pissy As I Used to Be

Brooklyn Sunrise
This morning I walked over six miles. I started at around 5:30 and saw the sunrise. I didn't take that picture but I see that lots of mornings.

I came home had some coffee and toast even read the newspaper. I don't have class. I don't have to work. I don't feel like sleeping.

I don't know what I'll do today.

I will read a little bit. I'm not taking any classes this summer. I was going to but changed my mind. 

I will catch up on Facebook even though I hardly do anything there. You can friend me if you want. https://www.facebook.com/funkyin.brooklyn

I am not used to days off. I am not used to a real jobs with benefits like days off. 

My journey is not complicated to explain. A few years ago, I looked at my life and didn't like what I saw. I was working hard doing odd jobs in construction at all hours, whenever I got the call. I was overweight and tired all the time. I had no future because I never took any classes except for some of those get rich quick in finance bullshit seminars at hotels. All my friends wasted a lot of money with that shit.

In other words, I was a fat assed middle aged guy who pissed on everything and everyone.

I am still middle aged but not as fat or as pissy.

What did I do?

I decided to make every part of my life better. I did not know how so I decided to lose weight and get healthy and to go to college. 

I lost 60 pounds. I did walks like I did today. At first, I could only do a little. My knees and back thought I was a dumb ass. I did not walk every day. If it rained or I was busy, I didn't. I just went out for a half hour when I could. I decided to eat less too. 

First, I just stopped drinking beer. Then I just ate less of the same foods. No stupid ass supplements. I counted calories for a while but then just did easy things like drink water instead of Coke and two cheeseburgers instead of three or four. I was hungry but it got easier since I was eating around 2,000 calories. I was a big guy so anything less than 2,500 calories was going to help. 

College was easier than expected. All I had to do was sign up. Oh, there were forms to fill out, but the hard part was paying for it. Since I never made much money, I got grants and scholarships. I took on a job at the school. They keep giving me raises. There was a guy I only know online who even sent me money. That was weird but it made a big difference that semester. 

I decided to become a history and social studies teacher. I graduate next year. 

There are still a lot of bastards, assholes and sons of bitches out there but I don't really care anymore. For the first time in my life, I feel pretty good.

Comments

  1. Life used to control me. I can't control everything but I don't have to let life keep kicking me in the ass like some prison bitch.

    As I got older I gained weight. With most of it off I feel like a new man. I thought it would be hard. I just ate less and walked more. That kind of diet won't sell books but that was all it was. Why is that so hard for people to do? The guy I got the idea from doesn't even do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt