Wankers and Victims

“Psychologists call it “learned helplessness” when a person believes, as I did during my youth, that the choices I made had no effect on the outcomes in my life.”

JD Vance, Hillbilly Elegy

I read that on Facebook today. I haven't read the book and it doesn't sound like one I might like so I probably won't. It's a good quote though. It is by the guy who called Trump an idiot who is probably the next vice president.

Somebody called me a victim. I didn't respond. The point? I don't think I had one.

Every dumb decision I made I made by myself. I worked a job I hated because I wasn't man enough to change things. I was fat and unhealthy because I hung around with dumb asses who did the same thing. Drunks shouldn't spend Saturday night with a drunk. I sat on my ass and waited for my ship to come in while telling you there was no damn ship.

Nobody made my choices. My parents were tough who did their best. I am trying to get my life better after years of living at the bottom of a hole. I own my stink.

I own my own perfume too. That's a joke. I worked hard to not have anything and I worked hard to have something. Now I can live my life without as much stress and sometimes help some poor guy have a better day.

Anyone playing the victim card either is a victim or a wanker. I don't blame anyone.

This week has been filled with wankers.

There was the kid who tried to kill the president. He was nothing and somehow got through security. Totally untrained and almost as good as a sniper. Too bad he was crazy. We could've used his skills in the Middle East.

There is Trump who is saying God saved him. I guess God didn't have any use for the guy who saved his wife. He's the only real hero. I hope Trump makes sure that guy's family is taken care of for life.

If that's how it works God saved Pence from the assholes who charged the capitol. Who knows if God protected Biden by having some assassin get lost on the freeway. That's not a joke.

Trump got shot. That's real. It was a nick. Scary as hell I bet but it is still a nick. Trump is posing. Reagan didn't do that. He forgave Hinkley (a nice article by his son) who shot him. That's what class looks like.

I never said this before but I took a shot to my left thigh. I am fine. It was an accident but I know it was scary.

There was Biden who finally stepped down. So they put in Kamala Harris in his place. That's not official yet but everybody knows. The Democrats all think she's a dingbat but Biden had to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt