Funny Thing About Religion

I ran into a guy on the subway ranting about Muslims. We started talking politics, and this guy had a corncob up his rear. He hates Muslims. I asked what he believed. All he said was, "I'm not a Muslim." Well, duh. What a moron. What he doesn't believe I don't give a damn about. What he does believe is all I wanted to know. All I know is this guy is one afraid son of a bitch. That's New York City for you. We got them all, including paranoid nutjobs.

Why not just tell me you aren't a Martian?  Or from Ork? This is Mork calling Orsen

I don't get it. People are afraid of themselves. The dillweed on the subway didn't even know what he thought. Where the hell am I? I'm in New York City, the Big Apple. I expect backwater hick talk in the sticks. Or maybe Flushing. Not here.

I tell you, I have been asking people people why they believe whatever it is they believe. The Muslim driving my taxi last week told me. He was polite about it. I guess Christians don't evangelize anymore, hahaha. Ever since Billy Graham retired, they don't care. Maybe it is their priest's job. Anyway, the Muslim was pretty thoughtful. He thinks he's got all the answers. Maybe he does?

Martian ChildChristians get all uptight about it. I guess it is because they don't really believe anything. It is one thing to go to church and all, but to answer a guy like me means they have to really believe it. If you saw me you know I don't want and do not take bullshit. So they don't want to bullshit me. That's cool. I don't want BS, but on the other hand, why can't I get someone to get past the crap and tell me what they believe?

Wusses.

All of this and Easter is coming. Funny, you know. I don't know what the holy rollers think, but they must not give a damn. I can get a Yankees fan talking off season about baseball. Hell, I can even get a useless Mets fan to talk about it. But the head in the sand Christians are coming on to their biggest day of the year and the most they will talk about is Mardis Gras. Who the hell cares about flashing your boobs in a parade? What's that got to do with Easter?

Anyway, if you are actually Christian, Happy Easter. If you are actually Jewish, Happy Passover.

Give me the lady in the bunny suit. She can be my Easter bunny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt