Yesterday Sucked

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad DayDo you know the book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? It is a kid's book. The title tells it all.

First of all, I get a flat tire on my way to help a guy move. My spare was flat too. Yeah, my fault. So I park my car, grabbed a taxi, get my spare fixed, and help my friend. Popped on the subway back to my car. I was parked too long when I got back there. Got two tickets.

Helping the guy move. That's cool, but all day up and down stairs carrying boxes. Man, I'm not as young as I was. My back hurts, my arms are sore, and my left calf thinks it needs a massage. My calf is wrong. My whole body needs a massage.

Meanwhile, never talk baseball. Damn, I love baseball. I watch every game I can. I played a lot when I was little, and love tossing it around now. So I talk a little ball with my friend in Detroit. A few e-mails and he gives me shit for asking about Justin Verlander. I grew up in Detroit. Love the Tigers. I like the Yankees too. Verlander is a helluva player. Two no-nos. Throws the ball faster than a jet. I wish NY had him. We don't.

Anyway, so we talk about Verlander, and I ask my buddy if he thinks he compares to Nolan Ryan. Ballistic. Come on, Ryan's on anyone stud list for pitching fastballs. Seven non-nos.

So I get shit from him asking about it. "Ryan never won a Cy Young. You are ignorant."

Like hell I am ignorant. I knew damn well Ryan never Cy Younged. He never tossed a perfect game either. But he went off on me.

And the taxi driver gets pissed off because I asked him if he could take a different route. A guy on the subway all but loses it when I ask him to move so I could sit down.

The worst thing about it, I got a holy roller guy I know who knows the guy I helped move. What does he tell me? Pray about it. I didn't see him helping the guy move or giving me a ride when I had a flat tire. Wanker.

Some people are bastards you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt