Five Years Ago I Was a Fat Dumb Man



Hell, I don't know if it was five years ago.



When was it that I realize my ass was fat? Every fatty knows this. I wasn't always fat. I watched too much damn television and drank a hell of a lot of beer. I ate at shit restaurants.

I worked in construction doing any damn thing they asked. I had to get up early to get to the job. My tools would get stolen.

Anyway, I got my ass in shape by walking and not eating as much shit. It took me a few years to lose 50 pounds. I walk everywhere. No damn beer anymore. I quit all the bad shit like cigars and dessert.

I started school too. So I am graduating with a degree in high school education which is funny because I lived with just a high school diploma until now.

I thought I was going to be a teacher but I don't like kids like I thought. I went to a job fair and now I have interviews going at several companies. I will make more money than I ever made. It isn't that I will be rich but if you ever lived hand to mouth then you know what I mean. I might move.

Somebody out there is wondering if they are too old get their ass in shape or get their life together.

I am not perfect and I have other shit I need to deal with. Five years ago I was 54 having a pity party. I'm 59 and in five years everything turned around because I decided I didn't like my life. I am healthier and not making any damn excuses.

So are you an old dumb fat man? Move your ass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt