Iron Man Rocks! Better than Rocky?

I just me the DVD to Iron Man. Tony Stark is the man.

Stark is out in the Middle East somewhere. He's a smart ass drunk. Real smart. Anyway, he's testing some bomb. Showing it off. All goes well, but he gets attacked on the way back and nearly dead. Some German guy saves his ass by putting in a fancy pacemaker to keep his heart from conking out.

The bad guys tell Stark to build one of these fancy bombs for them. He realizes they will kill him if he does, and kill him if he doesn't. So he he builds himself a robot body suit and uses it to escape. On his way out, the German guy gets blasted by the bad guys and is dying. As Stark leaves the cave they were held in, the German guys says, "Don't waste your life."

Damn, that hits me every time.

Then the movie really gets good. Best action movie ever. OK, Rocky is up there. 60 years old and still delivering blunt force trauma.

I got buddies doing it two ways. One guys sits on his ass in a dead end job making $10 an hour sucking wind every day. He's exhausted. Hell, that's a few of my friends. I'm not talking some buck in his 20s, but guys in their late 40s and early 50s. Wasting their life.

One guy has got total balls though. His truck driver job was killing him. He delivers across NYC, all boroughs. His asshole boss was too much so my buddy is going to school. I gotta hand it to him. I don't know if I could do that. I'm glad I don't have to. I make enough. He didn't though. Turns out he had free money coming to him from the military and because he made so little money. He is still working. First time he has manned up since I met him. Before he was a pansy whining about everything, but now he is control and even is boss sees it. Not wasting his life.

Nothing wrong with making an honest dollar. There's no such thing as a bad job. For my buddy who hated his job, that's not the job's fault. As long as he sat in the corner sucking his thumb, he was wasting his life.

Watch Iron Man kick some serious ass. Click the red HQ button on the bottom right of the video. Crank up the sound. Go big screen. Then buy the damn movie.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt