No Beer, No Soda in January, And a Lesson from Popeye

I could do more to lose weight, but right there in those delicious beverages are more than a few useless calories. I don't intend to starve myself. I read that people who do that lose weight for a while then get stuck when their body says "Hell no!" and goes into starvation mode. Besides, I have been reading David Dane's blog and he keeps harping how hungry he gets and how that sucks. What does he do? Sometimes he does well and sometimes he eats too much. He has been at this game longer and I am new. Who knows? I might wind up wimping out twice as often if I ate as little as he sometimes does.

The hell with such suffering. I will make little changes and over time, everything will be good, right? We will see. I am not a dietitian and don't know jack shit about this. I don't need a degree to know soda and beer aren't good for losing weight. Hahaha.

I will still drink coffee and tea, and drinks like orange juice and lemonade. So I am not perfect. I am what I yam. I love food. I will cut the brewskies and booze in general. No Coke, Pepsi and other sodas.

I don't what that will do. What is that in calories? 100 calories for a 20 oz bottle of Coke or beer? I have a lot of pop during the day and a few beers when I can. So I drink three Cokes a day, that is over 9,000 calories in a month. Maybe I will lose a pound in January.

Popeye - I Yam What I Yam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Cry About Themselves Too Much

If I Were King of the World

Bah Humbug - Why People Who Believe in Jesus Aren't Worth a Pinch of Salt